Another year, more challenges…! We at HFS hope all our customers, colleagues and friends are safe and well, and prepared to face the New Year and all it brings with it. Despite the ‘pandemic’ showing no signs of going away, we’ve been as busy as ever over recent weeks – carrying out all works safely and adhering strictly to current guidelines. Take a look at what we’ve been up to recently…
- At The Mason’s Arms, in Grange-Over-Sands, black Bofix GL & R13 tiles were once again chosen for the refurbishment of kitchen and associated food preparation areas at this Robinson’s Brewery pub in the heart of the beautiful Lake District. The black tiles have been completed with a light grey weld to provide a striking, clean environment for the kitchen staff to work in
- Alto Whiterock W103 & Mint from the Satins range of colours were chosen to brighten up a ward refurbishment at Walsall Manor Hospital, in the West Midlands as part of the NHS’ Winter Pressures programme of works. A welded joint system was chosen to provide a seamless, hygienic finish and our installation was completed a day ahead of schedule which allowed the hospital to open the ward and adjoining areas sooner than they had anticipated – a great result all round!
- We’ve completed another job for local company, Cereal Partners, in Bromborough, where HFS Ultima Aspen White was again chosen for the latest phase of their continual improvements within their Wirral factory. We installed our hygienic cladding to 2 sets of toilets, a bin store and some columns within the offices to create a hygienic and easy to clean environment which will serve them well for many years to come
- KFC, Fort William and KFC, Weston on The Green – we’ve installed our popular ‘Aspen White’ hygienic wall cladding with 2 part PVC joint strip system at these 2 new KFC restaurants at opposite ends of the country for a new customer. We complemented the hygienic wall cladding by also installing our 304 grade stainless steel sheets to the cookline areas at both sites which provides a heat resistant, hygienic finish to these areas. A very happy customer at the end of these 2 projects, which looks like it will lead to many more in 2021 and beyond!
- Late last year, we completed work on the walls of a restaurant kitchen in a large, central London office building, where Altro Whiterock was the material of choice. Approximately 650 m2 of W103 and W104 was installed using welded joints, resin flooring transition strips and there were more than a few dwarf walls to complicate matters too! There were some tricky access issues to deal with at the Central London site to ensure all deliveries arrived for their designated time slots and with minimal disruption to other trades working on site – an area of expertise that HFS are especially proud of and more than happy to demonstrate to all customers – using a versatile network of logistics companies, we’re able to get materials to 90% of the UK within 48 hours and can achieve time-critical slots whenever you may require them
- Another completed job was the installation of Altro Whiterock W103 at a new production facility in the Midlands for a well-known global food manufacturer. We’ve installed nearly 500 m2 onto a variety of blockwork, plasterboard and plywood walls. The high ceilings also meant the cladding needed to be extended at the top. All completed on time and snag free as usual
- And finally, for now…HFS were appointed to install our 2mm thick aluminium chequerplate sheet to the walls at a new build Aldi store in Walton On Thames. This system provides a robust finish to protect high traffic areas from damage by trolleys and other machinery. We used a silicone joint to ensure that the joints between sheets stays free of dirt & water, and we finished all external corners with a bespoke manufactured angle using the same material as the wall protection sheet. Works were completed ahead of schedule to allow the store to open in time for Christmas! Another happy customer!
If you would like to see how HFS can help you with any wall protection requirements, please call our office on 0151 355 6105.