The month of May sees us all slowly progressing and adapting to the ‘new normal’, as we continue through these unprecedented times we find ourselves facing.
At HFS, we’ve been busy on a few projects and here’s a snippet of what we’ve been up to…
- Work is progressing nicely on a domestic bathroom refurbishment where we are installing wall panels and vinyl flooring. Fibo contemporary range wall panels, in a large tile format, are being used and the chosen colour is Aberdeen matt grey. Combined with the Altro Ensemble LVT flooring, we think it looks rather good and the client is ‘over the moon’!
- We’ve recently undertaken the flooring refurbishment of the main kitchen in a prestigious central London hotel on behalf of a North West based Kitchen Contractor. Our scope of works included removal of existing damaged resin coved skirtings and damaged areas of old resin floor and to make good. Existing matwells were infilled, flooring surfaces were completely degreased, prepared and brought up to level using latex screed. We then installed our Bofix GL & R13 tiles complete with a contrasting light grey weld to all joints and a 100mm high black skirting to all walls to provide a brand new, hygienic & easy to clean floor that will serve this establishment for many years to come.This is now the 5th area within this Hotel where our Bofix flooring has been installed and hopefully there is still more to come! In accordance with current Government guidelines, HFS operated using social distance and safe working protocols at all times to ensure that this job was completed with no disruption to other trades.
Please contact HFS on 0151 355 6105 for further information and samples on our Bofix flooring systems and see how we can transform your floor surfaces today!
- At Shireland Primary Academy in Birmingham, HFS Ultima ‘Aspen White’ PVC wall cladding was chosen by the Main Contractor, Speller Metcalfe, for a new school build in Smethwick. We’ve installed the cladding to the new kitchen/servery area on the lower ground floor and also 1 hygiene room located on the ground floor. Sheets were installed using our 2 part PVC joint strips and transition strips with an internal neoprene seal to ensure high levels of hygiene are easily maintained on site. All works were carried out in a safe manner in line with the current Government guidelines on social distancing and safe working practices were followed by our installer at all times.
- HFS were chosen to install our ‘Aspen White’ PVC wall cladding to the kitchen of the new build Courtyard by Marriott Hotel, located on the Keele University Innovation Park in Staffordshire. This was another successful installation carried out using the safe working practices that all contractors should be adhering to during the current global pandemic to ensure that construction can keep moving. Our 2 part PVC joint strips and transition strips were used to create a hygienic, easy to clean finish that allowed the new vinyl flooring to easily tuck inside, creating the perfect hygienic environment for the Chef’s who are sure to be busy when this hotel opens – hopefully during the Summer months.
- A new build on behalf of Kier Construction Central Office – Iffley Academy, in the heart of Oxford, is where we’ve recently installed our ‘Pearl’ PVC wall cladding – from our much sought-after Pastels range. We installed the wall cladding to areas including as kitchens & showers, as well as splash-backs behind hand dryers over 3 floors on this project over 2 phases of work. Safe distancing via lone working was used by HFS as a way to ensure that the job was completed in line with the programme of works so that the school can be operational in Autumn 2020.
Contact us today on 0151 355 6105 to discuss your hygienic wall cladding, flooring or ceiling requirements and find out how HFS can help your business