Welcome to July! The second half of 2020 has arrived, and sees us all cautiously tiptoeing our way towards some slight form of normality.
At HFS, we’ve been busy on a few projects over recent weeks and here are just a few updates to keep you posted…
- At Mrs Darlington’s, in Crewe, we recently undertook the refurbishment of a production & storage area. We prepared walls and ceilings and fitted Ultima ‘Aspen White’ PVC wall cladding, along with our P250 Tongue & Groove ceiling planks. Stainless steel angles and channels were also used to exposed corners and openings. PVC strip curtains were fitted to doorways, and new PU resin coved skirtings were fitted to the perimeters
- A very large project has been undertaken at Little Town Farm Shop, Longridge, near Preston, as they have their existing kitchen renovated, plus the addition of a new extension. HFS installed our ‘Aspen White’ and also ‘Pearl’ from our pastels range to the toilets, stores, corridors and main kitchen. We’ve also installed 2 different ceiling systems in these areas – our P250 Tongue & Groove ceiling planks have been used in the kitchen and corridors, with our 24mm White Exposed Grid ceiling system complete with PVC faced plasterboard ‘Satin Spar’ ceiling tiles in the stores and toilets. All areas have been jointed using our 2 part PVC joint system and have had a Capping strip with neoprene seal fitted to the base of all the sheets in readiness for new resin flooring
- HFS were chosen to carry out the refurbishment of the staff welfare facilities at Emerald Kalama Chemicals, Widnes, on behalf of a local main contractor. Our ‘Aspen White’ PVC wall cladding was chosen as the new wall finish in the shower and toilet areas. Our 2 part joint strip and transition strip system was used, helping to create a modern fresh look for the staff at this busy plant
- A slight departure from our usual works here at Wrightington Hospital, Wigan, as we’ve installed a brickbond effect Notile panel in the kitchen area, along with Altro Satins – colour ‘Orchard’ – to the adjoining prep kitchen. The tile effect panels create a clean, sharp finish with the benefit of being extra hygienic as no grouting is needed – they are jointed using a purpose-made trim. Another happy healthcare client!
- At Krispy Kreme, Westfield, Altro Whiterock W103 (white) PVC wall cladding was chosen as the wall finish in the food preparation areas at the 1st scheme in the 2020 roll out programme for the well established chain. A feature Back Of House wall using ‘Urban’ from the Altro Satins range was also designed into the project to add a splash of colour to the walls. All cladding has been installed with 2-part PVC joint strips and thermoformed corners to provide a hygienic, easy to clean finish
- HFS Ultima ‘Aspen White’ PVC was chosen to cover the walls of the hotel kitchen at Bridge House Hotel, in Grasmere at the heart of The Lake District. We carried out the work on behalf of one of our regular clients who we have worked alongside on many similar projects over the years. The job was completed to our usual high standards with the many small reveals being expertly thermoformed by our fully trained and experienced team of in-house installers, leaving the site ready for the new vinyl flooring to be tucked up into our 2-part PVC transition strip (complete with neoprene seal) to prevent any unwanted water ingress
- We were appointed by a local main contractor to clad the new walls with the toilets at the newly constructed Wirral Sailing Centre, in the coastal town of West Kirby. HFS Ultima ‘Aspen White’ was the wall finish of choice and the client opted for welded joints to create a hygienic, easy to clean environment which will stand the test of time over many years. Another snag-free installation by one of our in-house teams has left the contractor and client very happy with the end result
All our work is carried out in a safe manner in line with the current Government guidelines on social distancing and safe working practices are followed by our in-house installation teams at all times
Contact us today on 0151 355 6105 to discuss your hygienic wall cladding, flooring or ceiling requirements and find out how HFS can help your business