So…here we are in November…the 11th and penultimate month of the year and a time for fireworks, poppies and Remembrance. It’s also the point of the year when the cold weather REALLY begins to set in…Jack Frost will soon be nipping at your nose!
We’ve been super busy over the last few weeks; for now, here’s just a small selection of work we’ve been doing in locations far and wide…
- Work is progressing nicely at Unilever Research Facility, Port Sunlight, Wirral where we are installing HFS Ultima White PVC with welded joints to Male, Female & Disabled Toilets on the 2nd & 3rd Floors on behalf of Red Tree Builders. Cladding has been fitted up to a ceiling height of 2.75mtr and has involved folding PVC sheets into the newly installed windows that have been installed in all of the rooms
- At Twemlows Stud Farm near Whitchurch, Shropshire, we’re working on the new AI stocks areas. HFS Ultima ‘Aspen White’ PVC wall cladding is being installed at high level and a band of black Altro Whiterock Satins ‘Dakota’ PVC wall cladding to the bottom 600mm of the walls within the entrance, exit, AI stocks, ET stocks and laboratory areas. HFS Ultima tongue and groove ceiling boards are also being fitted to the entrance, exit, laboratory and ET stocks areas. New rubber matting flooring is to be fitted to all areas by Quattro Products in Penrith, Cumbria. Thanks to Aidan Johnson at Quattro Products for the introduction on this one .
Hotels, Restaurants, Bars & Pubs
- Work is in progress on the Brewdog Outpost in Dublin Quays where we have installed HFS Ultima ‘Aspen White’ PVC wall cladding to ceiling heights varying between 2.5mtr and 3mtr and new ‘Altro Walkway’ vinyl flooring to the kitchen, cellar, glass wash, brew zone, bar, cleaners store & toilet areas. Works have taken place over a period of 2 weeks and allowed our installers to enjoy a ferry ride to and from their job via Holyhead! This is the 7th Brewdog project that we have now completed and other locations have included Berlin, Cambridge, Soho, Paddington, Aberdeen & Manchester
- We recently fitted Bofloor Bofix GL and R13 floor tiles at the iconic Frederick Robinson’s Pub – The Airport Pub at Manchester Airport – as the existing ceramic tiles had started to deteriorate. The Bofix system including new skirtings has been fitted directly over the existing ceramic tiles and was completed during a 2 day shutdown
- We’ve recently completed a refurbishment of Byrons Burgers restaurant on Kensington High Street, London. HFS Ultima ‘Aspen White’ PVC wall cladding was installed with 2 Part Joint Strips & Stainless Steel wall cladding up to a height of 3mtrs to the kitchen, bar & toilet areas on the ground floor. Work was carried out in a very short timescale with multiple other trades on site at the same time to ensure that a satisfactory finish was achieved
- At APL, Aldersey Park Conference Centre, Cheshire, we’ve recently supplied and installed non-slip flooring to the food/coffee preparation area behind the counter of a new café. We were asked to recommend a flooring suitable for this environment and we suggested Polysafe standard. As the counter wasn’t installed at the time of the flooring installation, we set out the flooring to dimensions given on a drawing, incorporating angles and curves
- We’ve helped to rectify issues with the kitchen flooring recently at The Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa, near Chester. A joint in the vinyl safety flooring that ran parallel/close to the cook-line had split and become contaminated with grease and needed a patch repair, instead of re-installation of new flooring to the entire kitchen. The section of vinyl either side of the joint needed to be cut back to a sufficient distance to allow for re-screeding, but when we uplifted the flooring, we found that the screed underneath was also loose and came up along with the vinyl. The screed under the adjacent vinyl that needed to be retained was also de-bonding, which presented a problem as the cooking equipment couldn’t be moved for us to work in the area. We decided the best solution was to infill the section with screed, level the surface of the existing vinyl and install vinyl on top with sealant/adhesive and heavy duty trims installed to the perimeter – job well done
- Work is now complete in the new preparation area as part of the refurbishment and extension of the very popular Chatwin’s bakery, on the High Street, Sandbach. We’ve supplied and fitted our HFS Ultima ‘Aspen White’ PVC wall cladding to the walls and Bofloor Bofix GL and R13 PVC floor tiles have been fitted to the floors
- At The Queen’s Head Pub, Llandudno work has now been completed on behalf of Applewood Construction. Our HFS Ultima ‘Aspen White’ PVC has been installed to the newly created kitchen extension, food preparation areas and the external food & drink store as the pub chain – Stange & Co – look to ‘bring a new lease of life into the old girl’, according to their website. Once the refurbishment is complete, the venue will be open in time for the festive season, ready for people to once again enjoy the atmosphere in this quintessentially Welsh village pub
- Installation of the last few remaining items has now been completed at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, to complete the re-modelling of the Cath Lab. Again we installed a range of materials chosen for both performance and economy. Our Vitality range, high gloss finish PVC wall cladding along with our Pastels range, both with welded joints, have been installed in the laboratory and utility areas to ensure a high level of hygiene and ease of maintenance. The chosen colours were ‘Shark’ Blue from the Vitality range and ‘Opal’ from the Pastels range. CS Acrovyn wall protection sheets were fitted to mid-level in the corridor areas along with CS Acrovyn BCR 80 & BCR 50 wall protection rails and the SM20 range of corner guards to give extra protection . The chosen colour for these items was ‘Pearl Grey’
- Work is progressing nicely and on schedule at a care home in Rotherham. HFS were contracted to provide new hygienic wall cladding and vinyl safety flooring in the kitchens and associated areas as the existing ceramic wall and floor tiles were starting to look a bit tired. Our Ultima ‘Aspen white’ hygienic cladding was chosen as the preferred wall finish and Polysafe Ultima ‘Aurora Grey’ sheet safety vinyl was chosen as the floor finish. Both products have provided an economical and suitable finish that will serve this kitchen for years to come
- All seems to be ‘on track’ at St Helens Railway Station where we’ve been contracted to install our Pastels and Vitality ranges of PVC wall cladding as part of the refurbishment of the public toilets. Our pastels range ‘Whisp Grey’ has been fitted to the majority of the walls and our Vitality range ‘Mushroom’ has been fitted to create feature walls. All have been fitted with welded joints. IPS panels are due to be fitted soon to the remaining areas. We’re also carrying out similar works at Glossop and Wilmslow
To discuss how HFS can help your business this Autumn or any time of the year, contact us on 0151 355 6105 to discuss your hygienic wall cladding, flooring or ceiling requirements